Should I Get a Protective Coating for My Car?
Congratulations on making the decision to buy a new car! Maybe this has been a long time coming or maybe it’s your first car! Either way, it is an exciting time. But now you are going to be faced with tons of questions from the dealership, online articles, and advice from friends and family. One of those questions you are going to have to answer is, “Should I get a protective coating for my car?”.
Now you may receive this question from the dealership where you purchase your car. They will often try and force you to make the additional purchase on the spot, offering you an expensive one-time offer that can be rolled into your overall bill. But should you give into making this purchase without thinking it through or doing your research?
First off, you should never feel pressured into making a decision when it comes to your car. Everything can be purchased later on. In terms of a protective coating, there are many other options out there than the option at the dealership. When the dealer offers you a shiny package, it can be very convincing. But you have to remind yourself that they are making a commission off of the package they sell you and they have an existing relationship with the business or team who is doing the actual application. You have no way of knowing when you sit down at that table if the package is the best for your make and model. You don’t even know if it’s the right one for your situation.
We are big believers in taking the time to make sure the paint protection package you purchase is the right one for your car and lifestyle. Even if you don’t choose to purchase one of our protective coating packages, let us help you make the right decision for you.
Why should you consider paying for paint protection?
- A protective coating can help with resale value when you eventually choose to trade in your vehicle. Some dealerships will offer as much as an additional $1,000 to an owner that has taken the time to protect their vehicle with a certified and professional paint coating.
- A protective coating can also ensure your car’s color is looking bright and vibrate far past the time you drive it off the lot. This is because the high silica-content glass barrier provides a “second clear coat” to protect your vehicle from the elements.
Additional benefits of paint protection:
- Offers long-term protection from the elements
- Provides a self-cleaning effect
- Allows water to glide off the paint, removing dirt and grime
- Reflects UV sunlight, bird droppings, bug splatters, liquids, and more
- Longer time in between cleanings
- Protects against fading and discoloration
- Will not be damaged by pressure washers, acid rain, and wash chemicals
- Has anti-static properties
What options do you have when it comes to paint protection?
Our packages are designed with your car’s unique needs in mind. We know that not every car is the same, just like no two people’s situations will ever be the same. That is why we have designed four unique offerings to make sure you land on the one that meets all of your needs.
Depending on the package you select, they are intended to last two to five years. They are all weather resistant and have self-cleaning qualities so you don’t have to find yourself at the car wash every weekend. Our packages include:
Want to learn more about our paint protection packages or our how a protective coating can help keep your car looking shiny and new, contact us today! We will make sure you land on a package you and your car are satisfied with.